Friday, September 28, 2012

The 16 hour trip consisted of a 24 ft Budget truck pulling a trailer with a jeep on it through the switchbacks of the mountains in North Carolina and Tennessee. Luckily, I was following the massive moving truck in our overly packed car with the two dogs.
I should mention here that our schnauzer  is extremely prone to carsickness. And If he decides to throw up, he crawls into my lap. Every. Single. Time. This has happened at least three times that I can remember. Luckily, this trip was not one of them. 
It was also lucky that I did not have to ride in that huge truck with Mike. I just know that I would have driven my poor husband crazy squeezing his arm (really hard) followed by sharp inhales when his driving scared me. And given the circumstances that would have happened every 15 minutes for 16 hours! I think it's safe to say he would have hated me after that trip!
So because the dog did not throw up on me and because Mike and I were in separate vehicles, we all made it safely to KY in one piece and proceeded to unload and unpack all of our things. I think during the unloading it became clear to ME (not Mike) that the "faint line" was for real. I began to feel dizzy at one point and had to sit down. This was not normal and I just knew. Now I had to convince Mike.
My mom came a couple of days after we got there to help us get settled. One night after she had gone to sleep, I took a digital pregnancy test. And there it was. Clearly it said pregnant! I ran to Mike and showed it to him. We jumped up and down a few times. Mike just laughed with pure joy all over his face. He was finally convinced and thrilled. We made a plan that I would travel back down to MS with my mom and we would tell all the family at once. This meant I had to keep the secret from everyone including my mom for several days. It was really really difficult but I wanted Mike to be there when we told everyone. So I kept the secret until...

1 comment:

  1. I am LOVING being able to hear all of this! I can't wait until the next post! :)

    ReplyDelete