Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Part 4...A "faint" surprise

If I repeat myself in these posts, ignore it. I am not going back to read previous ones. Again, I just want to document our journey  and how i felt during this time to the best of my memory. So my mom may be the only one who finds this interesting.

So we left KY to pack up our lives and say our goodbyes. So many things were uncertain at that point. We had no jobs in KY, no family, no friends and no idea the journey that God was taking  us on. I spent my final days in NC packing up our house and my classroom while saying goodbye to some of my dearest friends. I am sure Mike thought I was losing it the way I cried over all of it.

Well, it wasn't just that I was being an emotional female (though I am that). I blame it on hormones of another kind. The night before we started our 16 hour move, I said goodbye one last time to my friends. We had the U-Haul loaded, the house cleaned, and were ready to sleep on an air mattress for the night. I realized just before we went to bed that something was off. So  I went to the store to get a test. As I waited for the result, my hands were trembling. I am still not sure if I was nervous excited or scared out of my mind. It was probably a combination of all three.

The test I took had a very faint double line. So faint in fact, that my husband convinced me it wasn't enough to be a "real" positive. We laugh about it now and say that he just couldn't process the news that night. There was too much change all happening at once and I think at that moment he couldn't handle the thought of adding a baby to all that craziness! Again little did we know what was ahead of us and I am so glad we didn't!

Early the next morning we set off for a new state and a new phase of life. For Mike it was exciting- a new adventure! For me, it was a little more heart wrenching. I am a girl who does not like change at all. Yet, I knew that the Lord was the one moving us. So how could we stay? We both desire His will for our lives and this was it. Knowing that gave me peace in the midst of the fear and pain that I felt. And it also gave me hope, joyful hope for our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment